January 16, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced purpose-built cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance on a cloud platform. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.80, is equipped with a new module, Instrument Calibration & Maintenance, to electronically manage all laboratory instrument records along with their previous and current calibration and maintenance data for audits. This module facilitates clinical, cannabis, agricultural and food & beverage testing laboratories to better meet the ISO 17025:2017 compliance requirements. Some other highlights of this version include the flexibility to configure flags for each flagging set, the ability to import study records in a batch, and the enhanced limit to attach a higher number of laboratory documents.
- Manage Instrument Calibration and Maintenance Data: Instrument calibration is essential for traceability of reported test results and to ensure the accuracy of test results. ISO/IEC 17025:2017, regulatory compliance applicable to all testing and calibration laboratories, mandates maintenance of detailed calibration records of all analytical equipment that can influence laboratory test results. The records shall include an identity of the equipment, serial number, model number and manufacturer of the equipment, the current location of the equipment, dates of the last and the next calibration and maintenance, the period of validity or warranty, etc. The latest version of CloudLIMS is equipped with an Instrument Calibration & Maintenance module to maintain a record of laboratory instruments and information of their calibration and maintenance history. You can configure a new type of equipment and batch import records of all laboratory equipment and their components from a file. You can set calibration and maintenance reminder alarms to ensure timely calibration. Furthermore, if any equipment or its component is no longer in use, it can be marked as inactive. Additionally, you can generate a comprehensive custom report containing records of equipment and their components, in PDF or MS Excel file format, which is required during audits.
- Exponential Notation of Numeric Values: You can now configure CloudLIMS to represent numeric values in exponential format. The exponential notation of numeric values simplifies the representation of numbers that are either too big or too small to be conveniently written or reported.
- Flexible Flag Configuration: For qualitative and quantitative tests, you can configure flags for each flagging set, providing greater flexibility to flag abnormal test results based on the selected flagging set. For quantitative tests, you can rename the default flag names to match the standard flags you use, preventing them from being overlooked.
- Enhanced File Attachment Limit: You can now attach up to 10 files with each record across all modules. This enables quick access to a larger number of documents such as Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs), laboratory developed methods, experiment notes, images, consent forms, whenever required.
- Import Study Records in a Batch: Batch import of the study records from a file is now possible with CloudLIMS. This functionality reduces the time, errors and effort involved in entering the records manually. The study related data such as study status, created date, in-charge ID, and the associated data such as subject ID, is added in CloudLIMS if the data is present in the file and mapped with the attributes present, enabling efficient management of various studies performed by your laboratory.
- Set Module Preference: When logging into CloudLIMS, if there is a module that you would like to start using straight away, it can now be set as the 'Default' module. This setting eliminates the need to switch to the desired module every time you log in and see the dashboard.
For previous versions click here >>
Back to Top