June 17, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical, research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance such as ISO/IEC 17025. The new version of CloudLIMS has several new features to better meet the sample tracking and data management requirements of biorepositories and clinical laboratories, besides the regulatory requirements of testing laboratories such as cannabis and agriculture. The highlights of the new version are the functionality to view instrument calibration and maintenance history in a single click, the ability to print circular labels, and the functionality to include subject attributes in sample barcodes and labels.
- View Instrument Calibration and Maintenance History: You can now get a single window view of the calibration and maintenance history of each instrument and its component. Instrument calibration and maintenance details, such as the name of the technician who performed calibration or maintenance, the last and the next calibration or maintenance date, calibration or maintenance results, are recorded in the history. This functionality is particularly useful in ISO/IEC 17025 audits, enabling you to generate calibration and maintenance reports of each laboratory equipment for submission to regulatory authorities.
- Include Subject Attributes in Sample Barcodes and Labels: For two-dimensional sample barcodes, you can now include subject attributes, in addition to sample attributes. Similarly, while configuring labels, you can choose to include subject attributes and print them on the label. This functionality is particularly useful for biobanks and clinical laboratories enabling them to include patient data while generating barcodes and printing labels.
- Print Circular Labels: You can now configure and print circular labels for samples, kits, and lab inventory. You can specify the label orientation, the margin between the primary rectangular and secondary circular labels, and the diameter of the circular label. This functionality provides flexibility to print labels of preferred shape and size.
- Set Sample Pull-out Alerts: You can set reminder alarms to receive timely alerts if a sample approaches the specified pull-out date. Additionally, you can configure CloudLIMS to send email alerts to the master administrator and other designated users, thereby ensuring that a sample is pulled out on time for quality check. This functionality is particularly useful for laboratories performing stability tests to determine the quality of a sample as per their stability protocol. It helps laboratory managers ensure that a sample is of high-quality before it is sent to a customer for testing or used for research.
- Enhanced REST API: The latest version of the REST Application Programming Interface (API) includes a context search functionality for reading data from CloudLIMS. You can now refine a search in the REST API using Boolean operators (AND, OR) and relational operators (less than, greater than, equal to) while reading data from CloudLIMS. You can select multiple attributes associated with a module type and use a combination of operators and search ranges to refine the search. The filter parameters help in displaying more meaningful results.
For previous versions click here >>
Back to Top