August 19, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS LIMS in the cloud with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, clinical, research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO 20387:2018, 21 CFR part 11, HIPAA among others. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.86, is packed with new features to better meet the data management requirements of biorepositories and clinical laboratories, in addition to the regulatory and reporting requirements of testing laboratories, such as cannabis, agriculture, etc. The highlights of the latest version are the functionality to send documents for review, batch edit inventory records, and the ability to assign user group permission to access subject records.
- Send Documents for Review: You can now select one or multiple approvers for a document, send out the document for review, and publish it after approval. This functionality helps testing laboratories to establish control over documents, enabling them to better meet the management system requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 compliance. Unless approved, the document is not made available for association with a sample or a test. CloudLIMS automatically sends an email notification to each reviewer when a document is sent for review. Each reviewer can either approve or reject the document and enter their comments. The review status and comments are posted to the review log. After the document is approved, it can be published and associated with a sample or a test. This functionality ensures that each document is reviewed and approved by authorized personnel and the laboratory personnel does not refer to an obsolete document.
- Batch Edit Inventory Records: You can now edit multiple inventory records at the same time using the batch edit functionality, thereby saving efforts. You can select the attributes to edit and save the selected attributes as a template for future use. While batch updating records, you can sort the records based on an attribute, for example, item ID. Furthermore, you can also scan barcodes to add new items to your inventory.
- Assign User Group Permission to Access Subject Records: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables the master administrator to assign permission to user groups for accessing subject records. The access permission applies to a user group, and not to individual users. You can provide no access, view-only access, or full access to a user group. This functionality allows only authorized personnel to access subject records, thus safeguarding sensitive patient data for complying with HIPAA and for working with PHI.
- Test Report Enhancement: You can now include up to 3 headers in your test report. The headers are automatically repeated on each page of the test report. You can also select your preferred header template for reporting test results, thereby enhancing reporting flexibility.
- Improved Context Search Functionality: You can now filter test records based on the test validation status, enabling testing laboratories to quickly trace records which are approved, reviewed, or rejected.
- Automatic Status Update of Kits: When a kit is associated with a sample or a subject, the status of the kit is automatically updated as consumed. This functionality helps ensure that users do not have to manually update the status every time a kit is used for sample testing or is associated with a patient, thereby eliminating chances of errors. The auto-status update also ensures that the kits are replenished on time.
For previous versions click here >>