October 22, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud LIMS with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, clinical, research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO 20387:2018, HIPAA among others. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.88, is equipped with several new features to better meet the data management, analysis, and reporting requirements of testing laboratories, such as agriculture, cannabis, food and beverage, etc. Additionally, the new version enables clinical laboratories to better manage and replenish kits on time. The highlights of the latest version are trend analysis, the functionality to automatically mark a kit as consumed upon association with a test, the functionality to search inventory by scanning barcodes, and the functionality to assign tests to be performed to competent staff.
- Trend Analysis: Trend analysis in CloudLIMS uses a statistically based control chart to analyze trends across a set of test results. You can generate the control charts based on mean and standard deviation to compare the result of an analyte tested for multiple samples with your QC samples over a specified period. Trend analysis enables a laboratory to monitor variation in results and take corrective actions. The report contains a variety of font, color and pattern options for creating professional reports.
- Manage Kit Inventory: This feature comes as an enhancement on the existing Kit Management module. The latest version of CloudLIMS automatically marks a kit as consumed upon association with a test. This functionality enables a laboratory to keep track of the kits getting used during testing to manage the kits inventory.
- Barcode Search for Inventory: The inventory module is now equipped with a barcode search option, which allows you to scan and update the inventory records quickly. The search can be performed on a particular inventory type or on the entire stock.
- Association of Staff and Training with the Test: To support the ISO/IEC 17025 guidelines further, you can now select competent staff before assigning them to run a test. Staff that has completed the designated training is displayed upon a Test selection so that the test is assigned only to staff that are available and are technically qualified to conduct it.
- Test Report Enhancement: Test reports can now be configured to display results of multiple samples for a single test type under one table, providing an easy and quick visualization tool for comparing test results across samples.
- Dependent User-defined Fields: While configuring attributes, you can now create dependent fields where the available values of the controlling field determine the value of the dependent field, refining your search from the drop-down list based on filters applied. Field Dependencies enables the laboratory to pick the right option quickly and more conveniently. This functionality is available across all the modules of CloudLIMS.
For previous versions click here >>