CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, analytical, diagnostic testing, and research laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as CLIA, ISO 15189:2012, CAP, ISO 20387:2018, EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLP, ISO/IEC 17025:2017, 21 CFR part 11, among others. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 3.30, is equipped with new features and enhancements to enable biobanks, clinical research and diagnostics, COVID-19, and cannabis testing laboratories to better meet the data management, reporting, automation, and compliance requirements of the industry. The highlights of this version include the functionality to affix reviewer’s signature on reports, generate password-protected test reports, and enhanced turnaround time (TAT) calculation.
- Affix Reviewer’s Signature on Reports: You can now include the reviewer’s signature on test reports and Certificates of Analysis (CoAs) along with a date and time stamp. The reviewed date and time are automatically captured and are non-editable. The signature can be retrieved automatically from the reviewer’s profile, eliminating the need to upload the signature each time to affix it digitally. You can position the signature either to the left or right of the approver’s signature. You can choose to include either the reviewed date or both reviewed date and time along with a custom text on the reports. Moreover, you can choose the position of the date and time stamp with respect to the reviewer’s signature or other signatures on the test report. This functionality enables you to comply with the 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines with ease.
- Generate Password-Protected Test Reports: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables you to generate password-protected test reports and certificates of analysis (CoAs) in PDF format. If you choose to generate a password-protected report, all lab staff members, the associated patient, and the associated physician or client need to enter the date of birth of the patient as the password to view the report. We have implemented security safeguards to prevent the editing of test reports or CoAs. This functionality enhances the security and integrity of the test reports, preventing unauthorized alteration of test results.
- Enhanced Turnaround Time (TAT) Calculation: While configuring an expression to calculate the turnaround time, you can now select the test result entry date and the result validation date. For example, you can define an expression to calculate the time lapse between the sample accessioning date and the test result validation date. As soon as the test results are validated, CloudLIMS captures the validation date and calculates the turnaround time based on the time lapse between the sample accessioning date and the validation date without any manual intervention. This functionality provides you the flexibility to choose additional activities or attributes per your requirement to calculate the turnaround time.
- Enhanced Reporting Flexibility: You can define subscripts and superscripts for text in the report title. You can define the alignment, font size, and font color of the inline view attributes and their respective values independent of each other. Furthermore, you can include an image, for example, an e-signature, at the footer of every page of a multi-page test report and Certificate of Analysis (CoA). You can define the width and the height of the image and choose to position the image inline to the left or right of the footer text. These reporting enhancements enable you to generate reports in multiple layouts and formats and meet diverse reporting requirements.
- Enhanced Show/Hide Functionality: You can now easily copy the attribute selection from one user role to multiple user roles and apply the selection for displaying in forms and the search list. This functionality eliminates the need to select attributes for display for each user role individually, saving time and effort.
- Concatenate Sample Attributes: You can now concatenate three sample attributes irrespective of whether they are system-defined or user-defined. You can define the number of characters of each attribute to be concatenated to form the resulting attribute. Furthermore, you can choose to include a space between the attributes after concatenation. For example, if you would like to concatenate the Sample ID, Barcode ID, and the Serial Number of each cannabis sample to define the corresponding Batch IDs, you can configure Batch ID as a concatenated attribute and select Sample ID, Barcode ID, and Serial Number as the concatenating attributes. As soon as you accession a new cannabis sample, CloudLIMS automatically generates the Batch ID of the sample based on the Sample ID, Barcode ID, and Serial Number, saving time and eliminating any chances of manual errors.
- Post Test Results to METRC® With Ease: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables cannabis testing labs to generate test reports in the CSV file format for multiple tests associated with a sample and import the file directly to METRC®, a state tracking system. This functionality enables cannabis testing labs to download test results per the METRC® standard state template and remain compliant with the state regulations with ease. Furthermore, it reduces any chances of delay in result reporting to regulatory agencies, saving cannabis testing labs from penalties.
Book a personalized demo to experience the latest version today.