CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud LIMS software with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, analytical, diagnostic testing, and research laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO 15189:2012, ISO 20387:2018, EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLP, 21 CFR part 11, among others. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 1.98, is equipped with new features and enhancements to enable biobanks, clinical, and analytical testing laboratories, such as cannabis, food and beverage, oil and gas, to better meet the data management, automation, and reporting requirements of the industry. The highlights of this version are automating laboratory workflows, enhanced client portal services, and batch update of patient records.
- Manage Laboratory Workflows: You can now organize and streamline your laboratory workflows with ease. You can configure workflow templates using a series of steps to mirror your laboratory workflows. To create a workflow template, you can add steps to guide your staff on the specific workflow to be followed while processing each sample. A step number is assigned automatically to each step. While configuring each step, you can select a module, a module type, an action item, a category, a technician who is trained on the job, and specify instructions if any. Once a step is added, you can define the next steps to be performed. You can add a new workflow template, edit or delete an existing template, and associate one or multiple sample types with each template.Laboratory technicians can commence the workflow according to the tasks assigned to them. Once a step is assigned, an authorized user can specify the start date and the completion date of each step. After completing a step, a user can mark the status as complete. A technician can perform the step assigned to them only if the previous steps in the workflow (if any) are complete. This functionality enforces the laboratory staff to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) as per the laboratory guidelines and to avoid missing any crucial step required.Once all the steps defined in the workflow are complete, an authorized user can mark the overall workflow status as complete. Once a workflow is marked as complete or is terminated, it cannot be edited by any user unless unlocked. This functionality enables you to monitor the sample processing status and track the current processing stage of each sample. Furthermore, you can easily track any deviations from the specified SOPs.
- Extended Client Portal Services: Your customers can now import sample records in a batch from CloudLIMS’ client portal using the import functionality. The sample attributes such as current quantity, collection date, and the associated data such as subject ID, are added to CloudLIMS if the data is present in the file (MS Excel or CSV) and mapped with the attributes present in CloudLIMS. Similarly, your customers can import patient records in a batch from CloudLIMS’ client portal along with demographic data of patients and associate them with samples with just a few clicks. This functionality reduces the time, errors, and effort involved in entering sample or patient records manually when your customers are submitting hundreds of samples at a time for tests or storage.
- Batch Patient Record Update: You can now quickly update thousands of patient records in CloudLIMS. The mapping window facilitates the automatic mapping of the file headers with the patient attributes present in CloudLIMS. You can save the mapped selection as a template for using it over again. Once the file is successfully imported, all metadata associated with each patient record, such as samples, inventories, is automatically updated in CloudLIMS. This functionality significantly reduces the time and efforts required to manually update individual patient records, besides reducing transcription errors.
- Associate a Patient with a Service Request: You can now associate a patient with a testing or storing service request. You can show or hide the patient attributes on the service request form. Based on the patient selected, only the samples obtained from the patient are available for association with a service request, for example, a diagnostic test request. This functionality helps clinicians analyze the test results better, in light of the patient demographics or pre-conditions.
- Print Labels Column Wise: You can now print labels column-wise, enabling you to print off a label roll or utilize the labels from a partially used up page. You can define the page unit, page dimensions, label grid before printing the labels.
For previous versions click here >>