CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud LIMS software with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, analytical, diagnostic testing, and research laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as CLIA, ISO 15189:2012, ISO 20387:2018, EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLP, ISO/IEC 17025:2017, 21 CFR part 11, among others. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 2.40, is equipped with new features and enhancements to enable biobanks, clinical, diagnostic testing, and analytical testing laboratories to better meet the data management, reporting, automation, and compliance requirements of the industry. The highlights of this version are the ability to auto-calculate final test results, associate patients with physicians, and the ability to generate & export staff training and competency matrix.
- Calculate Final Test Results: The latest version of CloudLIMS supports the calculation of experimental results obtained from analytical instruments to determine the final test results. This functionality is particularly useful for diagnostic laboratories, such as COVID-19 diagnostic laboratories. CloudLIMS helps quickly calculate the final test result values based on the results of positive and negative control samples read from the instruments, test samples, and predefined kit-specific formulas. Once the test results are imported in CloudLIMS from the instrument raw files, it performs the predefined calculations to determine the final test results, for example, positive, negative, or invalid in the case of COVID-19 results. The laboratory manager can subsequently validate the test results before releasing the test report. This functionality eliminates the need for the lab technician to collate data and perform complex calculations.
- Generate & Export Training Competency Matrix: You can now generate a custom staff training and competency matrix and export it in an MS Excel file format. You can select one or multiple records of a specific training type or all training types for generating a training competency matrix. For creating a matrix, you can select a column header (for example, user ID), a row header (for example, training ID), and choose the preferred font size of the attributes. Furthermore, you can define a unique color for each training status and competency level per your preference, let’s say yellow for in-progress training and green for completed. This functionality helps laboratory managers quickly visualize the training status or competency level of staff, assign analytical tasks only to the trained staff, and provide additional training to incompetent staff.
- Automatically Email Updated Barcodes to Patients: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables you to automatically email the updated QR code to a patient each time the laboratory staff updates any attributes encoded in the QR code that is associated with the patient record. Upon receiving the updated QR code, the patient should use it at the collection site. This functionality enables pulling up the correct patient records at the testing facility, preventing sample mix-ups and associating the correct information with the patient.
- Associate Patients with Physicians: You can now enable patients to associate themselves with the attending physician from the patient portal. This functionality is useful for the patients who have requested a diagnostic test under the recommendation of a physician and are interested in tracking the status of their test request and having their physician receive a copy of the test report as soon as it is available. This functionality helps bridge the communication between physicians and patients and enables physicians to commence the treatment of patients without any delay.
- Preview Documents: In the Document Management module, you can now preview a PDF document, such as a manual, eliminating the need to download it every time you need to view it. This functionality enables you to better comply with the document control requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 compliance by preventing unauthorized access of downloaded documents.
- Enhanced Workflow Management Functionality: Longer sample processing times can have an adverse impact on the quality of the time-sensitive samples, compromising the sample quality and the accuracy of test results. Based on the start time and the completion time of each step in a workflow, you can determine the turnaround time of each step and identify the steps that consume an unusually long time. This functionality enables you to identify the bottlenecks in laboratory workflows and take necessary corrective measures to minimize the turnaround time, enabling you to effectively manage your laboratory workflows.
Book your personalized demo to experience the latest version today.