CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud LIMS software with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, analytical, diagnostic testing, and research laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as CLIA, ISO 15189:2012, ISO 20387:2018, EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLP, ISO/IEC 17025:2017, 21 CFR part 11, among others. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 2.50, is equipped with new features and enhancements to enable biobanks, clinical, diagnostic testing, and analytical testing laboratories to better meet the data management, reporting, automation, and compliance requirements of the industry. The highlights of this version are the ability to generate patient labels, reposition stored samples, and release test reports in a batch.
- Print Patient Labels: You can now print labels with patient barcodes from CloudLIMS’s patient management module. You can configure label templates with system-defined and user-defined attributes for different patient types. This functionality is particularly useful for biobanks and clinical diagnostics. It enables them to print labels directly from the patient management module, without the need of switching to the Sample Management module.
- Reposition Stored Samples: You can now move one or all samples from one storage unit to another while maintaining the same order of samples as before. You also have the option to change the order and direction to any other based on your preference. For example, the samples can be made to populate the new storage unit from a particular location and in a vertical or horizontal format. This functionality enables you to quickly reposition samples in just a few clicks per your requirements.
- Release Test Reports in a Batch: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables you to email test reports in a batch to patients and clients. This functionality enables laboratory managers to release test reports to multiple clients and patients at the same time, eliminating the need to push results out piecemeal thereby reducing the turnaround time.
- Upload External Files or Reports for Your Clients: You can now upload one or multiple external files or reports and associate them with a service request. Once the files are uploaded and released, your clients can seamlessly access them over the client portal. This functionality enables you to share reports received from a subcontractor laboratory or provide additional documents to your customers to support the test results.
- Assign User Group Permission to Access Samples: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables the master administrator of the product to assign permissions to user groups for accessing sample records. The access permission applies to a user group which in turn is applied to individual users within that group. You can provide no access, view-only access, or full access for each sample to a user group from the sample management module. This functionality allows personnel from only authorized user groups to access sample records, maintaining data integrity of samples.
- Search & Quickly Retrieve Test Types: You can now easily search and retrieve a test type using the search functionality, enabling you to quickly assign tests to samples in just a few clicks. This functionality helps you trace test types based on test type or test code, eliminating the need to manually find out the preferred test type from hundreds of test types, saving time and effort.
- Include Client Logo in Test Report: You can now include your client’s logo above or below the report title per your reporting requirements. This functionality strengthens the reporting flexibility and is particularly useful if your laboratory has multiple customers with each customer wanting to have their logo on the test report.
- Filter Test Reports: You can now filter tests based on their test report release status per your preference and selectively display tests for which reports are released or yet to be released. This functionality enables you to quickly trace the test reports that are not released and take necessary actions if required. For example, you can now display tests that are completed and then filter them based on their report release status. For the ones that are not released, you can quickly take action and deliver them to patients or clients enabling you to remove any backlogs quickly.
- Define Formula Expressions with Alphanumeric Values: You can now define complex formula expressions containing attributes that may have alphanumeric values. This functionality enables you to include those analyte attributes in formula expressions whose value may be too small to be accurately expressed in numbers. This functionality is particularly useful for cannabis testing laboratories since at times the total value of cannabinoids in a cannabis sample may be below the quantification limit or limit of detection.