CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in-the-cloud Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, clinical research and diagnostics, cannabis, environmental, and water testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as CLIA, ISO 15189:2022, CAP, ISO 20387:2018, EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLP, ISO/IEC 17025:2017, 21 CFR part 11, among others. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 3.80, is equipped with new features and enhancements to enable laboratories to better meet their data management, automation, and regulatory requirements. The highlights of this version include enhanced client portal functions, configuration for duration attributes to calculate age, capture sample receipt time, extended custom record sorting, and more.
- Enhanced Client Portal: The enhanced Client Portal now offers more flexibility with new configuration options. You can format hyperlinked text that appears on the Client Portal login page to give a more personalized experience to your clients. You can adjust the font size of the hyperlinked text, choose whether to display it in bold font and even choose from different font and background colors or make the background transparent. But that’s not all, we’ve also added new formatting options for text in the login title, subtitle, and footnote, including popular font types such as Arial Round MT Bold and Franklin Gothic Book. And to truly make your client portal unique, you can display both your client’s and CloudLIMS’ logos on the login page and home page of the client portal.
- Enhanced Configuration for Duration Attributes: The latest version of CloudLIMS provides you complete control over the visibility and requirement status of the duration attributes. You can make the duration attribute mandatory or non-mandatory in the subject form. Furthermore, you can also choose to show or hide the attributes in the tabular view of the Subjects module. This functionality enables you to track the age of a subject in trial in years, months and days, so that for a follow up activity, you always have the age current automatically, without having the need to calculate it each time the subject visits the lab.
- Request History Listing: With the latest update, you can now receive, transfer, dispose of, restore, and dissociate samples from storage for all samples in your laboratory in one go by simply selecting All Samples type and performing the required actions. This means that you don’t have to undergo the hassle of switching between different sample types to perform these actions. We have improved the way you view test request history of a sample. Now, if one sample is associated with multiple request IDs, you can see all of the request IDs and not just the most recent one. This feature makes it easier to understand the history of tests requested for a particular sample.
- Capture Sample Receipt Time: With this new feature, you can conveniently view the date and time of the received sample directly from the Samples module. The feature automatically captures the received date/time of the received sample(s) in the table view of the Sample module, streamlining your workflow and saving you valuable time. This also means you can estimate the completion of test report more efficiently and quickly.
- Enhance Accountability of Laboratory Staff: You can now enforce your laboratory staff to acknowledge accessing published documents by making them digitally sign before they access any published documents. Furthermore, this functionality provides you with a more secure and efficient way to control access to documents. With document trace logs, you’ll be able to easily and quickly identify who has accessed a document, when they did so, and why, thereby ensuring staff accountability and complete transparency. By enforcing this process, you can ensure that your staff is aware of and responsible for the information they are accessing. This is crucial for regulatory audits.
- Special Character Support Extended: You can now enter and use several new special characters, including − ’ ⍺ β Δ δ aw ≤ ≥ ± ® § σ γ Γ Å ` ≠ | π © in CloudLIMS. You can use these characters when adding or editing text attributes, such as analyte names and attribute names. This functionality further enhances the library of the special characters available for selection, offering you more flexibility while configuring text attributes.
- Client and Subject Association: With this new functionality, when you add a sample in the Samples module and associate it with a client and a subject, CloudLIMS creates an association of the subject with the client that can be viewed in the Clients module. This means no more wasted time in creating an additional linkage or worrying about a wrong patient mapping due to manual linking.
- Custom Record Sorting: With this latest update, you can now sort your records in a tabular display of the modules according to your preferred attribute. The feature allows you to sort the records in ascending or descending order based on the selected attribute values and save your preferred sorting order as a default for using it over again. With the ability to sort your records in a way that makes the most sense for your workflow, you can save time and increase productivity.
- Edit a Report Template Name: With this new feature, you can edit existing report template names, giving you greater control and flexibility in creating custom reports. The feature prevents creation of duplicate templates due to minor changes in the name of a template.
- No Notifications for Disposed of Samples: This feature solves the problem of receiving unnecessary alerts for samples that have already been disposed of. With this new update, you can mark a sample as disposed and the system will no longer create any alert notifications for it. Avoid the hassle of unnecessary alerts and enjoy a more streamlined workflow with our new disposed-of sample feature.
Book a personalized demo to experience the latest version today.