Deploy CloudLIMS's COVID-19 LIMS Solution in Schools, Colleges & Universities & Assure Safe On-campus Return of Students & Staff
COVID-19 Testing in Learning Institutions
There are two kinds of COVID-19 tests, diagnostic tests and screening tests. Diagnostic tests are designed to identify active infection and hence they are conducted on persons displaying symptoms of COVID-19. These tests may also be conducted on persons who have been in contact with infected persons. Screening tests, on the other hand, are conducted on those who are neither infected nor exposed to the virus. They serve as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the virus. Both kinds of tests are needed in an institutional setup.
CloudLIMS enables schools, colleges, and universities to roll out an efficient system for COVID-19 screening and testing. Such a system is essential to allow students, teachers, and professors to return to school without the fear of infecting others or being infected while on-campus. With this realization, administrators of educational institutions need to conduct accurate & frequent testing to ensure the safety of all their staff and students.
COVID-19 Testing Challenges in an Institutional Setup
Rolling out an effective COVID-19 testing program can be a challenge for learning institutions. Apart from the fact that this is a resource-intensive venture, the novelty of the pandemic can further complicate matters. A learning institution looking to implement on-campus testing needs to gear up for the following challenges:
- Rolling out COVID-19 testing in a time-efficient manner especially in large institutions
- Ensuring testing workflows comply with CDC and FDA requirements
- Securely managing data such as test results, personal data of staff and students
- Integrating data with existing information management systems
- Ensuring cost efficiency and rapid scalability
- Ensuring flexibility to support new test methods and workflows
- Reporting results as per the CDC and state reporting guidelines
Benefits of CloudLIMS for Mobile Testing Labs
- Manages data flow from point-of-care testing to reporting test results.
- Safeguards PHI (Protected Health Information) of patients by assigning role-based PHI access to authorized personnel only.
- Generates sample barcodes & prints labels on-site for tracking sample & patient records.
- Features a HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based patient portal. It enables patient self-registration, generates QR-coded registration tickets for quick verification of patient identity, and securely delivers test reports to patients.
- Features a secure, cloud-based physician or provider portal that allows physicians to access test reports of patients as soon as they are released.
- Facilitates test reporting as per CDC and state guidelines.
- Facilitates compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, CLIA requirements.
- Manages laboratory inventory, such as kits, consumables, tracks the use of inventory items, and alerts laboratory managers for replenishing inventory on time.
CloudLIMS Can Help Mobile Testing Labs Achieve the Following
- Rapid deployment (in less than a week).
- Accelerate testing throughput.
- Minimize operational and reporting errors (barcoding).
- Facilitate instant and secure data access from anywhere anytime.
- Offer additional mobile clinical diagnostic services.