Streamline and Automate Clinical Research and Testing Workflows
Using CloudLIMS, a SaaS, in the Cloud Clinical LIMS
Clinical laboratories are a primary source of healthcare data and generate massive amounts of data on a day-to-day basis. Clinical data is crucial for drug discovery, identification of novel biomarkers, disease prognosis, clinical studies, and for providing personalized health care to patients. Clinical laboratories face numerous challenges on a daily basis. These include securely managing biospecimens, patient consent, safeguarding sensitive patient data, managing clinical tests and their results, managing resources, such as personnel, instruments, consumables, besides following best practices and regulatory guidelines such as HIPAA, EU GDPR, CLIA, ISO 15189:2012, GCP, etc.
A Schematic Representation of a Typical Clinical Testing Laboratory Workflow
CloudLIMS- A One-Stop Clinical LIMS Software
CloudLIMS is a purpose-built, scalable, SaaS, in the cloud clinical LIMS. It grows with your clinical laboratory by supporting your data management, automation, and regulatory requirements. With a cloud solution, the clinical LIMS can be accessed anytime, anywhere, is easy to deploy and enables clinical laboratories to quickly automate without the need to invest in IT infrastructure or personnel.
CloudLIMS customers have realized benefits in the following ways:
- Meet regulatory guidelines and standards such as HIPAA, EU GDPR, CLIA, GCP, ISO 15189:2012, and 21 CFR Part 11.
- A flexible data model to seamlessly configure and accommodate specific workflow requirements avoiding costly customization.
- Customizable forms to manage patient data specimens clinical and diagnostic tests and their results clinical studies and kits.
- A self-serve client portal to deliver test reports and invoices to your customers in real-time.
- Safeguard PHI (Protected Health Information) of patients by assigning role-based patient data access to authorized personnel only.
- Maintain a read-only audit trail to track all laboratory activities along with a date and time stamp.
Clinical Test Report
Seamlessly Follow CLIA and ISO 15189 Guidelines
Safeguard PHI of patients from authorized personnel throughout all phases of the testing process by anonymizing sensitive patient data.
Manage laboratory personnel along with their skills, educational qualifications, and experience. Furthermore, you can track continuous education credit hours of personnel.
Manage records of all equipment used in analytical testing, schedule equipment calibration and perform preventive maintenance as defined by the equipment manufacturer, maintain records of equipment calibration, maintenance, and functional checks performed before use.
Seamlessly manage documents, such as procedure manuals, instrument maintenance manual, and ensure document control. You can send documents for periodic review and approval to authorized personnel and ensure that only the latest version of documents is accessible to all personnel.
Advantages of CloudLIMS -
A Complete LIMS Software for Clinical Labs
Instrument & Software Integration
Clinical testing laboratories receive hundreds of samples and generate massive volumes of analytical data on a day-to-day basis. Manual transfer of data from analytical instruments to a LIMS is error-prone and time-consuming. For effective management of growing data volumes and laboratory automation, instrument and software integration is indispensable. Instrument and software integration facilitates data transfer from analytical instruments and software to a LIMS respectively, thereby eliminating chances of transcription errors, data redundancy, and ensuring data integrity. Furthermore, it helps in automating laboratory workflows, thereby saving time and resources, reducing turnaround times, and enhancing efficiency.
How CloudLIMS Supports Instrument and Software Integration?
CloudLIMS supports instrument and software integration in the following ways:
- Instrument Integration: CSV/XLS is a standard output file type generated by most analytical instruments. The CSV file mapping enables data to be imported from multiple instruments into a LIMS. CloudLIMS periodically reads instrument generated CSV files and maps the headers present in the files with the correct fields in CloudLIMS thereby transferring the analytical data to CloudLIMS seamlessly.
- Software Integration: CloudLIMS offers REST API to integrate with third-party software such as EMR, EHR, LIS. Furthermore CloudLIMS can be integrated with medical or clinical billing software to effectively manage revenue cycles and minimize billing errors enhancing customer experience.