Deploy CloudLIMS's COVID-19 LIMS Solution to Offer Accurate & Rapid Point-of-care Testing Services in Clinics & Physician Office Labs (POLs)
Barriers to COVID-19 Testing in Clinics & POLs
- Cost Barrier: The cost of setting up an in-house COVID-19 testing lab may be prohibitive to some physician practices.
- Technology Barrier: A physician’s office may lack the requisite technical knowledge to carry out COVID-19 testing.
- Infrastructure Barrier: Physicians need to set up an onsite lab with all necessary resources to offer point-of-care testing (POCT) which could be challenging for them.
- Personnel Barrier: A physician’s office may lack trained personnel to carry out onsite COVID-19 testing.
- Reporting Challenges: Physicians need to adhere to FDA and CDC reporting guidelines.
- Compliance Challenges: POLs need to adhere to regulatory guidelines and standards, including CLIA, ISO 15189:2012, and HIPAA.
Despite the challenges, COVID-19 testing in clinics and POLs comes with a myriad of benefits.
Benefits of COVID-19 Testing in Clinics & POLs
Physicians are now taking it upon themselves to test their patients for COVID-19 when they consider it necessary. Physicians may recommend testing for patients exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or those who have been in contact with infected persons. Point of care testing for COVID-19 in a physician’s office has the following benefits:
Benefits of Deploying CloudLIMS in Clinics and POLs
CloudLIMS can help physicians extend their services to businesses, schools, universities, and the local community so that these organizations can implement a COVID-19 screening and monitoring program. CloudLIMS enables point of care testing and reporting of results to allow physicians to serve patients better. With CloudLIMS, physicians can automate their COVID-19 testing workflows for faster turnaround, increased efficiency, and higher productivity.
- Offers a HIPAA-compliant patient portal for faster patient self-registration and secure delivery of results to patients
- Features a secure physician portal that enables physicians or providers to register patients and samples collected from them and access test results as soon as they are released
- Generates patient and sample barcodes and prints out labels for effortless tracking
- Enables editing of data in batches
- Manages laboratory workflows and tracks the progress of each step of the sample testing process
- Manages staff training and helps you assign testing to competent staff, assuring the accuracy of test results
- Tracks inventories and flags resources (reagents, consumables, kits) that are about to expire or deplete
- Enables reporting of test results according to FEMA, CDC, state and local regulatory requirements
- Supports auto-calculation of experimental results based on the results of control samples, test samples, and predefined kit-specific formulas to determine the final test results
- Enables authentication of test results by including a unique scannable QR code on the test report
- Manages essential documents such as SOPs and other confidential documents and controls its access
- Supports selection of multiple approvers for validation of test results
- Enables laboratory managers to monitor instrument calibration, export calibration history, and schedule preventive maintenance
- Anonymizes patient demographics, test results, or other sensitive data to safeguard patient privacy and prevent tampering of laboratory data
- Grants role-based permissions to authorized individuals to access samples and test results
CloudLIMS is an all-in-one registration to the point of care testing to reporting solution that enables physicians to serve patients better. CloudLIMS is a scalable, cloud-based COVID-19 LIMS solution preconfigured with COVID-19 specific tests and workflows. The configuration reduces the time needed for onboarding and allows laboratories to go live in just a week. It enables COVID-19 laboratories to automate easily without investing heavily in IT infrastructure and personnel.
- Facilitates rapid deployment (in less than a week)
- Supports batch reporting of test results
- Can be configured to support new COVID-19 tests and reporting requirements
- Supports compliance with HIPAA, CLIA, 21 CFR Part 11, and GDPR
- Facilitates accessibility at any time and from anywhere
- Integrates with diagnostic instruments and software for data interoperability and integrity