Seamlessly Manage Food and Beverage Testing Workflows using CloudLIMS, a SaaS, in the Cloud Food and Beverage LIMS
Analytical testing of food and beverages is important to ensure food safety, prevent food fraud, and assure the quality of food products. Food testing laboratories perform several tests on food, supplements, beverages, produce, packaged food, feed, and more. These include tests for pesticide residues, herbicides, pathogens, routine organisms, mycotoxins, allergens, food contaminants, antibiotics residues and veterinary drugs in animal origin food. Whether your laboratory is an in-house testing laboratory or a third-party contract laboratory, accurate and reliable reporting of test results is important to ensure consumer safety.
Some of the major challenges faced by food and beverage testing laboratories:
- Following regulatory guidelines, such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, FSMA, HACCP, and state and local regulations.
- Managing QA/QC processes and recording associated data.
- Accurate flagging of out-of-specification results.
- Ensuring complete traceability from raw materials to finished products.
- Automating workflows to minimize turnaround time and maximize efficiency.
A Schematic Representation of a Food & Beverage Testing Laboratory Workflow
CloudLIMS - A Rapid Deploy Food and Beverage LIMS for In-house and Third-party Contract Laboratories
The food and beverage industry is highly regulated. CloudLIMS is pre-configured to support custom workflows of both third-party contract laboratories as well as in-house testing facilities, making it a highly flexible LIMS. CloudLIMS helps manage a myriad of tests, including microbiological tests, pesticides, herbicides, allergens, performed on a variety of food matrices, including raw materials and ready to eat products. CloudLIMS can be used by laboratories of any size, right from small contract laboratories with a single user to large laboratories having multiple concurrent users at disparate geographical locations. CloudLIMS allows multiple sites to consolidate data, thereby helping laboratories to follow HACCP and FSMA guidelines.
CloudLIMS customers have realized benefits in the following ways:
CloudLIMS can be accessed anytime, anywhere, is easy to deploy, and enables food and beverage laboratories to quickly automate workflows without the need to invest in IT infrastructure or personnel.
- Meet regulatory guidelines and standards such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, FSMA/FDA, HACCP, GLP, 21 CFR Part 11, and state and local regulations.
- Ensure complete traceability of samples back to original raw materials and finished products.
- Manage Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) processes seamlessly to generate valid, accurate, and reliable accurate test results.
- Configurable forms to manage samples, tests and their results, lab inventory, track service requests, and manage package and shipment of samples.
- Maintain a read-only audit trail to track all laboratory activities along with a date and time stamp.
Certificate of Analysis (CoA)
CloudLIMS facilitates easy configuration of reporting templates, enabling you to generate custom Certificates of Analysis (CoA) to meet the reporting requirements of your customers and regulatory bodies.
Easily Achieve FSMA and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Accreditation
You can send out multiple test results for validation and approval before releasing the reports to your customers.
Manage Quality Control (QC) samples and their test results. You can compare the results of the QC samples with the test samples to identify analytical errors. You can analyze trends across a set of QC samples, enabling you to monitor variation in test results and take corrective actions.
Manage training, educational qualifications, experience, and competency records of laboratory staff and regularly monitor their performance. This helps laboratory managers to assign analytical tasks only to the trained and competent staff, assuring the quality of analytical results.
Manage records of analytical instruments, schedule instrument calibration, and record preventive maintenance data. CloudLIMS helps you maintain calibration and maintenance history, and records of functional checks performed before use of instruments, thereby preventing the use of outdated instruments.
Maintain valid and up-to-date information on all staff credentials, training, and competency. You can generate staff competency reports and notify staff members about upcoming training programs.
Advantages of CloudLIMS - A One Stop Food & Beverage LIMS Solution
Food and beverage testing laboratories receive hundreds of samples on a day-to-day basis. Manual transfer of analytical data of thousands of samples from analytical instruments to a LIMS is error-prone and reduces laboratory efficiency. For minimizing the test turnaround time, it is important to automate the data transfer process. CloudLIMS can be seamlessly integrated with simple and complex analytical instruments for bi-directional data transfer, thereby reducing turnaround time and eliminating chances of transcription errors. Furthermore, it can be integrated with third-party software products for downstream analysis.
How Does CloudLIMS Support Instrument & Software Integrations for Food and Beverage Testing Laboratories?
CloudLIMS supports integration with analytical instruments and software through the following methods:
- Instrument Integration: CloudLIMS is preconfigured to seamlessly integrate with analytical instruments, such as GC/MS, LC/MS, FTIR, NMR, SEM/EDS, pH meters, balances, for bi-directional data transfer. CSV/XLS is a standard output file type generated by most analytical instruments. The CSV file mapping enables data to be imported from multiple instruments into a LIMS. CloudLIMS periodically reads instrument generated CSV files and maps the headers present in the files with the correct fields in CloudLIMS, thereby transferring the analytical data to CloudLIMS seamlessly.
- Software Integration: CloudLIMS supports integration with ERP, such as SAP, and third-party billing software such as QuickBooks using a REST API. This enables laboratories to seamlessly manage critical business metrics billing and streamline their business operations.
Follow Regulatory Guidelines and Standards
CloudLIMS' Food & Beverage LIMS Solution Functionality
What Our Customers Say About Us
“Our decision to implement CloudLIMS was validated when our lab was able to quickly turn around samples. With our operations streamlined, we have significantly improved our ability to provide our clients with more timely testing results. I'd say CloudLIMS is the most affordable full featured sample management tool on the market with data backups, hosting, loading of existing data and technical support all built into the product price. CloudLIMS team has done a great job!”