Streamline and Automate Laboratory Workflows Using CloudLIMS - A SaaS, in the Cloud Veterinary LIMS for Veterinary Pathology-Based Laboratories
With the emergence of new types of diseases in animals and their potential transfer to humans through product consumption and companionship, the global animal healthcare market is experiencing a surge in demand. In this context, the role of veterinary laboratories becomes pivotal in ensuring the health and safety of both animals and humans. Veterinary laboratories need to be prepared to face the challenges posed by these zoonotic diseases and the increasing demand for their testing services. They need to ensure the secure management of biospecimens, efficient management of tests and results, optimized resource management, and compliance with best practices and regulatory guidelines such as those outlined by the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).
A Schematic Representation of a Typical Clinical Testing Laboratory Workflow
CloudLIMS - A One-Stop Veterinary Laboratories Software
The veterinary industry is constantly evolving, leading to advancements in diagnostics for pets, as well as agricultural, poultry, equine, and other animals. CloudLIMS is a purpose-built, scalable, SaaS, in-the-cloud veterinary LIMS. It grows with your veterinary laboratory by supporting your data management, automation, and regulatory requirements. With a cloud solution, the veterinary LIMS can be accessed anytime, anywhere, is easy to deploy, and enables veterinary laboratories to quickly automate without the need to invest in IT infrastructure or personnel.
CloudLIMS customers have realized benefits in the following ways:
- A flexible data model to seamlessly configure and accommodate specific workflow requirements, eliminating the need for costly customization. CloudLIMS can be tailored to align with the specific terminology and nomenclature of your laboratory. You have the freedom to define various elements, including test and sample types, attributes, user profiles, client types, provenances, sections, prices, catalogs, and more.
- Customizable forms to manage specimens and diagnostic tests and their results.
- A self-serve client portal to deliver test reports and invoices to your customers in real-time.
- Assign role-based access to laboratory staff and maintain a read-only audit trail to track all laboratory activities performed by each staff member along with a date and time stamp.
- Flexibility to add new tests effortlessly and produce reports in your preferred layout.
- Dependency configurations can be set for breeds based on species. When you select a specific species, the corresponding list of breeds gets automatically populated.
- A laboratory is a business at the end of the day. CloudLIMS integrates business management and laboratory management, offering you a comprehensive, one-stop solution to efficiently manage your operations from day one.
- Automated invoicing and rapid barcode scanning expedite tracking work in the system, enabling easy record management and allowing a larger volume of business to be undertaken.
- Accelerated result capture and elimination of transcription errors with analyzer interfacing, assuring data integrity and reducing the turnaround time.
Veterinary Diagnostic Test Report
Achieve ISO 15189 Accreditation Using Our User-Friendly, Secure Veterinary LIMS
CloudLIMS simplifies the management of QC samples such as blanks and spikes, automates calculations, and facilitates the comparison of QC results with actual test results to identify any abnormal analytical trends that may compromise test results. It assists in the internal validation of test results and promptly flags values that deviate from the expected range, guaranteeing the precision of all reported results provided to clients.
Manage laboratory personnel along with their skills, educational qualifications, and experience.
CloudLIMS produces reports on staff proficiency and sends notifications regarding upcoming training sessions to employees. This functionality enables you to avoid assigning tasks to staff members who have not finished their training or whose training is no longer current.
Manage records of all equipment used in testing, schedule equipment calibration, and perform preventive maintenance as defined by the equipment manufacturer, and maintain records of equipment calibration, maintenance, and functional checks performed before use.
Seamlessly manage documents, such as procedure manuals and instrument maintenance manuals, and ensure document control. You can send documents for periodic review and approval to authorized personnel and ensure that only the latest version of documents is accessible to all personnel.
Ensure transparency and accountability throughout the entire process by creating a digital chain-of-custody that tracks the journey of samples through their lifecycle.
Advantages of CloudLIMS - A Complete Veterinary Lab Management Software
Instrument and Software Integration
Veterinary testing laboratories receive hundreds of samples and generate massive volumes of analytical data on a day-to-day basis. Manual transfer of data from analytical instruments such as RT-PCR, digital PCR, ELISA, LCMS, GCMS, hematology & chemistry analyzers, and others to a LIMS is error-prone and time-consuming. For effective management of growing data volumes and laboratory automation, instrument and software integration is indispensable. Instrument and software integration facilitates data transfer from analytical instruments and software to a LIMS respectively, thereby eliminating chances of transcription errors and data redundancy, and ensuring data integrity. Furthermore, it helps in automating laboratory workflows, thereby saving time and resources, reducing turnaround times, and enhancing efficiency.
How CloudLIMS Supports Instrument and Software Integration?
CloudLIMS supports instrument and software integration in the following ways:
- Instrument Integration: CSV/XLS is a standard output file type generated by most analytical instruments. The CSV file mapping enables data to be imported from multiple instruments into a LIMS. CloudLIMS periodically reads instrument-generated CSV files and maps the headers present in the files with the correct fields in CloudLIMS, thereby transferring the analytical data to CloudLIMS seamlessly.
- Software Integration: CloudLIMS’ Rest API can be configured to support integration with third-party software such as ERP, data analytics software. CloudLIMS results can be pre-configured and uploaded to the electronic reporting system of regulatory agencies, thereby automating reporting of test results. Furthermore, it can be integrated with billing software to effectively manage revenue cycles and minimize billing errors, enhancing customer experience. thereby transferring the analytical data to CloudLIMS seamlessly.
Integration with QuickBooks: CloudLIMS supports integration with third-party billing software such as QuickBooks online application. The integrated solution enables laboratories to upload invoicing data, for example, the name and the address of the client, catalog number and price, quantity, and other required details, directly from CloudLIMS to QuickBooks. This enables laboratories to seamlessly manage critical business metrics and streamline their business operations.