Wilmington, Delaware – July 7, 2022, CloudLIMS, a leading provider of laboratory informatics, today released a new, free open-access eBook on regulatory compliance for hemp testing labs in the United States. In a major regulatory reform, the 2018 Farm Bill reclassified hemp and equalized it with other agricultural commodities. The USDA released a Final Rule (FR) which includes new federal guidelines for hemp testing. All hemp testing labs need to comply with the new rules and register with the DEA by December 31, 2022, to avoid hefty penalties or license cancellation.
This comprehensive guide is intended to provide an in-depth understanding of the USDA’s federal rules for hemp sampling, testing, result reporting, & remediation or disposal of hot hemp. Furthermore, it offers a practical solution for hemp testing labs to address operational challenges and meet compliance goals while digitizing operations to boost productivity.
What is included in the eBook:
- 1. The Agricultural Act of 2014 and State Pilot Programs
- 2. The Agricultural Act of 2018 and the Hemp Bill
- 3. The Hemp Final Rule (FR)
- 4. Operational Changes Introduced by the FR
- Changes to testing requirements and testing procedures
- Sampling procedure
- Reporting procedure
- DEA registration
- Measurement of uncertainty
- Remediation of hot hemp
- Use of validated test methods
- Need for quality assurance protocols
- Need for internal SOP specific to testing and retesting hemp
- 5. How a LIMS can automate hemp testing workflows and enable labs to meet the regulatory requirements with ease
“This eBook serves as a one-stop reference for hemp testing labs in the United States to understand federal hemp testing rules and prepare them for compliance. Anyone can download this online book as a PDF for free,” said Arun Apte, CEO at CloudLIMS.
CloudLIMS.com offers a zero upfront cost, in the cloud, SaaS LIMS. CloudLIMS is purpose-built for cannabis and hemp testing and extraction laboratories. CloudLIMS offers a range of complimentary services, including instrument integration, custom CoA templates, technical support, training, automatic product upgrades and hosting, integration with seed-to-sale software, and automatic data backups. CloudLIMS helps manage data, automate workflows, and follow regulatory compliance such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, GLP, GMP, 21 CFR Part 11, state and local regulatory guidelines. CloudLIMS.com is a SOC 2 compliant and ISO 9001:2015 certified informatics company.
Mrinal Kanti Chatterjee