CloudLIMS Version 1.83 Released!
May 20, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.83, is equipped with several new features and enhancements to better meet the data management and reporting requirements of testing laboratories, such as clinical, cannabis, agriculture and food & beverage. The highlights of this version are the ability to configure dependent analyte attributes for auto-calculation of complex test results and improvements in the test report template.
- Generate a Comprehensive Test Report: You can now generate a comprehensive test report containing results of all the tests performed on a sample. The report can be further expanded to include multiple samples and the tests performed on them. The tests may belong to different test groups and have different test codes. This functionality enhances the reporting flexibility, thereby enabling testing laboratories to meet diverse reporting requirements.
- Improved Test Report Template: You can now set the font color and background color for report title and subtitle, column headers and section headers. The new version provides you greater flexibility in choosing the position of an image while generating a test report for a single sample. You can choose to include an image beside the client table, the test table, the sample table, the subject table, or the results table. In the sample information section, you can choose the inline view if you would like to report sample values next to the attributes. The text wrapping functionality enables you to define the character length after which you would like to wrap the text for various sections, such as client information, sample information, analyte and results, test and other information, etc. You can include a test result tag, for example, pass, fail, N/A, or a user-defined tag, for each sample test result. The enhanced test report template enables you to make several formatting changes to your test report, rendering it a more professional look.
- Include Doughnut Chart in Test Report: You can represent analyte test results using a doughnut chart for quick data visualization. You can include either annotations or both annotations and legends in the doughnut chart. You can select an analyte attribute, for example, observed value, to represent each slice. You can also select an analyte attribute, for example, analyte ID or analyte name, to label the slice. Furthermore, you can define the size of the chart per your reporting requirements.
- Improved Context Search Functionality: The new version enables you to perform advanced context search using Boolean operators (AND, OR) and relational operators (less than, greater than, equal to) in order to refine search results. You can select multiple attributes associated with a module type and different combinations of operators and search values to narrow down the search. This functionality enables you to view filtered and more meaningful search results in order to analyze data.
- Configure Dependency for Auto-Calculation of Complex Test Results: You can now configure a correlation between a controlling analyte attribute and a dependent analyte attribute. To configure dependency, you can select one of the three categories, mapped value, replica, or formula expression. The mapped value category is for mapping controlling analyte attribute with the dependent analyte attribute. The replica category is for copying the value of controlling analyte attribute to dependent analyte attribute. The formula expression category is for defining a unique formula expression for dependent analyte and attribute. This functionality enables the auto-calculation of complex multi-analyte test results, saving time and eliminating manual errors.
For previous versions click here >>
CloudLIMS Version 1.81 Released!
March 18, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO/IEC 17025:2017. CloudLIMS is pleased to introduce a new module, the Kits module, in its new version 1.81. The new module facilitates users to create kits from laboratory inventory, enables automatic deduction of inventory from the stock based on the kits created and helps track the shipment of kits. The new version is committed to better cater to the data management requirements of clinical and testing laboratories such as cannabis, agricultural and food & beverage. The new version also includes the functionality to filter samples based on their status.
Kits Module: Create kits, manage stock and track shipped kits to facilitate sample collection from multiple sites with this new module in CloudLIMS.
You can configure inventory templates for each kit type, with a defined set of consumables and reagents, and their counts. While creating kits, the templates triggers an automatic deduction of the inventory items from the stock. You also get automatic alerts when the supplies need to be reordered.
Create unlimited Kit types and customize the contents of a kit based on the requirements of your testing sites without having to manually select the items from the inventory. Associate the kits with an outgoing package to monitor shipping.
Additionally, you can generate a comprehensive custom report to include records of kits, their components and their shipping status in a PDF or MS Excel file format, for your audits.
- Sample Filters: Run a quick search based on the status of sample - Stored, Received, Checked out, Expected, Disposed of, and now, the expiration status. Any specific search criteria can be saved and set as default to view samples from the database. It can be edited easily, to see the desired samples.
For previous versions click here >>
CloudLIMS Version 1.78.5 Released!
November 20, 2018
CloudLIMS, an advanced configurable cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, following regulatory compliance, and automating laboratory workflows on a cloud platform. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 1.78.5, is equipped with features that can help clinical and testing laboratories better meet the reporting and data management requirements. The highlights of this version of the LIMS system are the ability to generate a comprehensive concise report for multiple tests, configuration of report templates, and batch import of aliquots or derivatives.
- Import Aliquots or Derivatives: You can now import multiple aliquots or derivatives from a file, helping you save time to manually enter data and enabling their quick availability in CloudLIMS for testing and external distributions. The system generated or user-specified parent sample ID is used for associating the aliquots or derivatives with the parent samples and for auto-updating the genealogy, facilitating quick tracking of the aliquots or derivatives in the system. The meta-data related to aliquots or derivatives, such as barcode ID, storage location, subject ID, inventory ID, study ID, etc., is updated in CloudLIMS if the data is present in the import file and mapped with the attributes specified in CloudLIMS, enabling efficient data management and interlinking with the other modules.
- Report for Multiple Tests: Modern testing laboratories perform a number of tests on a day-to-day basis. Based on the clients' reporting requirements, they may need to generate comprehensive test reports containing concise and accurate test results. You can now generate a single comprehensive report for multiple tests, each of which may have one or more samples of same or different types, enabling you to better meet the reporting requirements of your clients. The test reports generated in MS Excel file format facilitate quick downstream processing of test results.
- Configure Report Template: You can now configure report templates for each module type. For example, you can configure multiple report templates for each test group and test code and set your preferred template as the default. Similarly, you can configure sample or subject report templates for each sample or subject type. The report template enables you to select the attributes that you would like to include in your report with a click of a button. Once you complete configuring report templates, you can generate custom reports based on the set preferences, helping you save time and reduce turnaround time.
For previous versions click here >>