CloudLIMS Version 1.88 Released!
October 22, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud LIMS with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, clinical, research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO 20387:2018, HIPAA among others. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.88, is equipped with several new features to better meet the data management, analysis, and reporting requirements of testing laboratories, such as agriculture, cannabis, food and beverage, etc. Additionally, the new version enables clinical laboratories to better manage and replenish kits on time. The highlights of the latest version are trend analysis, the functionality to automatically mark a kit as consumed upon association with a test, the functionality to assign tests to be performed to competent staff, and the functionality to search inventory by scanning barcodes.
- Trend Analysis: Trend analysis in CloudLIMS uses a statistically based control chart to analyze trends across a set of test results. You can generate the control charts based on mean and standard deviation to compare the result of an analyte tested for multiple samples with your QC samples over a specified period. Trend analysis enables a laboratory to monitor variation in results and take corrective actions. The report contains a variety of font, color and pattern options for creating professional reports.
- Manage Kit Inventory: This feature comes as an enhancement on the existing Kit Management module. The latest version of CloudLIMS automatically marks a kit as consumed upon association with a test. This functionality enables a laboratory to keep track of the kits getting used during testing to manage the kits inventory.
- Barcode Search for Inventory: The inventory module is now equipped with a barcode search option, which allows you to scan and update the inventory records quickly. The search can be performed on a particular inventory type or on the entire stock.
- Test Report Enhancement: Test reports can now be configured to display results of multiple samples for a single test type under one table, providing an easy and quick visualization tool for comparing test results across samples.
- Dependet User-defined Fields: While configuring attributes, you can now create dependent fields where the available values of the controlling field determine the value of the dependent field, refining your search from the drop-down list based on filters applied. Field Dependencies enables the laboratory to pick the right option quickly and more conveniently. This functionality is available across all the modules of CloudLIMS.
- Association of Staff and Training with the Test: To support the ISO/IEC 17025 guidelines further, you can now select competent staff before assigning them to run a test. Staff that has completed the designated training is displayed upon a Test selection so that the test is assigned only to staff that are available and are technically qualified to conduct it.
For previous versions click here >>
CloudLIMS Version 1.86 Released!
August 19, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS LIMS in the cloud with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, clinical, research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017, ISO 20387:2018, 21 CFR part 11, HIPAA among others. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.86, is packed with new features to better meet the data management requirements of biorepositories and clinical laboratories, in addition to the regulatory and reporting requirements of testing laboratories, such as cannabis, agriculture, etc. The highlights of the latest version are the functionality to send documents for review, batch edit inventory records, and the ability to assign user group permission to access subject records.
- Send Documents for Review: You can now select one or multiple approvers for a document, send out the document for review, and publish it after approval. This functionality helps testing laboratories to establish control over documents, enabling them to better meet the management system requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 compliance. Unless approved, the document is not made available for association with a sample or a test. CloudLIMS automatically sends an email notification to each reviewer when a document is sent for review. Each reviewer can either approve or reject the document and enter their comments. The review status and comments are posted to the review log. After the document is approved, it can be published and associated with a sample or a test. This functionality ensures that each document is reviewed and approved by authorized personnel and the laboratory personnel does not refer to an obsolete document.
- Batch Edit Inventory Records: You can now edit multiple inventory records at the same time using the batch edit functionality, thereby saving efforts. You can select the attributes to edit and save the selected attributes as a template for future use. While batch updating records, you can sort the records based on an attribute, for example, item ID. Furthermore, you can also scan barcodes to add new items to your inventory.
- Assign User Group Permission to Access Subject Records: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables the master administrator to assign permission to user groups for accessing subject records. The access permission applies to a user group, and not to individual users. You can provide no access, view-only access, or full access to a user group. This functionality allows only authorized personnel to access subject records, thus safeguarding sensitive patient data for complying with HIPAA and for working with PHI.
- Test Report Enhancement: You can now include up to 3 headers in your test report. The headers are automatically repeated on each page of the test report. You can also select your preferred header template for reporting test results, thereby enhancing reporting flexibility.
- Improved Context Search Functionality: You can now filter test records based on the test validation status, enabling testing laboratories to quickly trace records which are approved, reviewed, or rejected.
- Automatic Status Update of Kits: When a kit is associated with a sample or a subject, the status of the kit is automatically updated as consumed. This functionality helps ensure that users do not have to manually update the status every time a kit is used for sample testing or is associated with a patient, thereby eliminating chances of errors. The auto-status update also ensures that the kits are replenished on time.
For previous versions click here >>
CloudLIMS Version 1.85 Released!
July 16, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS LIMS in the cloud, accelerates biobanking, clinical, research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as ISO 20387:2018, ISO/IEC 17027:2017, HIPAA among others. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.85, is packed with new features to better meet the test validation, document management, and reporting requirements of testing laboratories. The highlights of the latest version are the functionality to send test results to a reviewer before sending it to an approver, enhancements to reporting results, and the ability to track document folder revisions; which is required for meeting compliance.
- Enhanced Test Validation: Test validation is an important requirement of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 compliance. You can now send test results to a reviewer for validation prior to sending it to an approver. This functionality helps to streamline and strengthen the test validation process, thereby assuring the final test results. The latest version of CloudLIMS enables you to configure a test review process, select a reviewer for each test, send out multiple tests for review, and track the review status. CloudLIMS sends an email notification to the reviewer. The reviewer can write remarks and their observations before the test results are sent to the approver for final approval.
- Test Report Enhancement: You can now include only those analytes in the test report for which results are available. For filtering analytes based on their attribute results, you can select a default analyte attribute, for example, observed value, or a user-defined attribute. This functionality enables specific reporting by enabling you to include only the analytes for which results are available for the selected analyte attribute. Furthermore, you can configure the analyte attribute selection as a test report template for filtering analyte records every time you generate a report, thereby saving time.
You can now configure test preferences to repeat the sample information for multiple values or tests while exporting a test report in MS Excel format. Additionally, you can now choose to align an image to the center or side of a report.
- Track Document Folder Revision History: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables you to automatically record a detailed history of each folder created using the document management module. The folder history records each activity, such as the renaming of a folder, using a unique activity ID and a date and time stamp. Furthermore, the folder history helps in monitoring folder updates and provides all pertinent details, such as the date and time of folder creation or replacement, the original and the current value of the folder attribute, the staff who created or updated folders, the reason for folder creation or update if any. All the activities are also recorded under the audit trail, which is crucial for internal and external audits.
- Add or Update Remarks for an Attachment: You can now add or update remarks for an attachmentor a document, without opening or editing the document, thereby saving time. This functionality is applicable across all the modules of CloudLIMS.
For previous versions click here >>
CloudLIMS Version 1.83 Released!
May 20, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance such as ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The new version of CloudLIMS, version 1.83, is equipped with several new features and enhancements to better meet the data management and reporting requirements of testing laboratories, such as clinical, cannabis, agriculture and food & beverage. The highlights of this version are the ability to configure dependent analyte attributes for auto-calculation of complex test results and improvements in the test report template.
- Generate a Comprehensive Test Report: You can now generate a comprehensive test report containing results of all the tests performed on a sample. The report can be further expanded to include multiple samples and the tests performed on them. The tests may belong to different test groups and have different test codes. This functionality enhances the reporting flexibility, thereby enabling testing laboratories to meet diverse reporting requirements.
- Improved Test Report Template: You can now set the font color and background color for report title and subtitle, column headers and section headers. The new version provides you greater flexibility in choosing the position of an image while generating a test report for a single sample. You can choose to include an image beside the client table, the test table, the sample table, the subject table, or the results table. In the sample information section, you can choose the inline view if you would like to report sample values next to the attributes. The text wrapping functionality enables you to define the character length after which you would like to wrap the text for various sections, such as client information, sample information, analyte and results, test and other information, etc. You can include a test result tag, for example, pass, fail, N/A, or a user-defined tag, for each sample test result. The enhanced test report template enables you to make several formatting changes to your test report, rendering it a more professional look.
- Include Doughnut Chart in Test Report: You can represent analyte test results using a doughnut chart for quick data visualization. You can include either annotations or both annotations and legends in the doughnut chart. You can select an analyte attribute, for example, observed value, to represent each slice. You can also select an analyte attribute, for example, analyte ID or analyte name, to label the slice. Furthermore, you can define the size of the chart per your reporting requirements.
- Improved Context Search Functionality: The new version enables you to perform advanced context search using Boolean operators (AND, OR) and relational operators (less than, greater than, equal to) in order to refine search results. You can select multiple attributes associated with a module type and different combinations of operators and search values to narrow down the search. This functionality enables you to view filtered and more meaningful search results in order to analyze data.
- Configure Dependency for Auto-Calculation of Complex Test Results: You can now configure a correlation between a controlling analyte attribute and a dependent analyte attribute. To configure dependency, you can select one of the three categories, mapped value, replica, or formula expression. The mapped value category is for mapping controlling analyte attribute with the dependent analyte attribute. The replica category is for copying the value of controlling analyte attribute to dependent analyte attribute. The formula expression category is for defining a unique formula expression for dependent analyte and attribute. This functionality enables the auto-calculation of complex multi-analyte test results, saving time and eliminating manual errors.
For previous versions click here >>
CloudLIMS Version 1.81 Released!
March 18, 2019
CloudLIMS, an advanced cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating laboratory workflows, and following regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO/IEC 17025:2017. CloudLIMS is pleased to introduce a new module, the Kits module, in its new version 1.81. The new module facilitates users to create kits from laboratory inventory, enables automatic deduction of inventory from the stock based on the kits created and helps track the shipment of kits. The new version is committed to better cater to the data management requirements of clinical and testing laboratories such as cannabis, agricultural and food & beverage. The new version also includes the functionality to filter samples based on their status.
Kits Module: Create kits, manage stock and track shipped kits to facilitate sample collection from multiple sites with this new module in CloudLIMS.
You can configure inventory templates for each kit type, with a defined set of consumables and reagents, and their counts. While creating kits, the templates triggers an automatic deduction of the inventory items from the stock. You also get automatic alerts when the supplies need to be reordered.
Create unlimited Kit types and customize the contents of a kit based on the requirements of your testing sites without having to manually select the items from the inventory. Associate the kits with an outgoing package to monitor shipping.
Additionally, you can generate a comprehensive custom report to include records of kits, their components and their shipping status in a PDF or MS Excel file format, for your audits.
- Sample Filters: Run a quick search based on the status of sample - Stored, Received, Checked out, Expected, Disposed of, and now, the expiration status. Any specific search criteria can be saved and set as default to view samples from the database. It can be edited easily, to see the desired samples.
For previous versions click here >>
CloudLIMS Version 1.78.5 Released!
November 20, 2018
CloudLIMS, an advanced configurable cloud-based SaaS LIMS, accelerates biobanking, clinical research, and testing laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, following regulatory compliance, and automating laboratory workflows on a cloud platform. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 1.78.5, is equipped with features that can help clinical and testing laboratories better meet the reporting and data management requirements. The highlights of this version of the LIMS system are the ability to generate a comprehensive concise report for multiple tests, configuration of report templates, and batch import of aliquots or derivatives.
- Import Aliquots or Derivatives: You can now import multiple aliquots or derivatives from a file, helping you save time to manually enter data and enabling their quick availability in CloudLIMS for testing and external distributions. The system generated or user-specified parent sample ID is used for associating the aliquots or derivatives with the parent samples and for auto-updating the genealogy, facilitating quick tracking of the aliquots or derivatives in the system. The meta-data related to aliquots or derivatives, such as barcode ID, storage location, subject ID, inventory ID, study ID, etc., is updated in CloudLIMS if the data is present in the import file and mapped with the attributes specified in CloudLIMS, enabling efficient data management and interlinking with the other modules.
- Report for Multiple Tests: Modern testing laboratories perform a number of tests on a day-to-day basis. Based on the clients' reporting requirements, they may need to generate comprehensive test reports containing concise and accurate test results. You can now generate a single comprehensive report for multiple tests, each of which may have one or more samples of same or different types, enabling you to better meet the reporting requirements of your clients. The test reports generated in MS Excel file format facilitate quick downstream processing of test results.
- Configure Report Template: You can now configure report templates for each module type. For example, you can configure multiple report templates for each test group and test code and set your preferred template as the default. Similarly, you can configure sample or subject report templates for each sample or subject type. The report template enables you to select the attributes that you would like to include in your report with a click of a button. Once you complete configuring report templates, you can generate custom reports based on the set preferences, helping you save time and reduce turnaround time.
For previous versions click here >>