April 14, 2022
CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, analytical, diagnostic testing, and research laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as CLIA, ISO 15189:2012, ISO 20387:2018, EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLP, ISO/IEC 17025:2017, 21 CFR part 11, among others. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 3.10, is equipped with new features and enhancements to enable biobanks, diagnostics, clinical, research, and analytical testing laboratories to better meet the data management, reporting, automation, and compliance requirements of the industry. The highlights of this version include the ability to enable patients to place a test request from CloudLIMS’ patient portal, enhanced sample assignment to non-least storage units, and the ability to filter test records for approvers.
- Enable Patients to Place a Test Request: Patients can now place a test request with your laboratory directly from CloudLIMS' patient portal after self-registering themselves. While placing a test request, the patient will need to enter sample details, such as sample type, and select one or more tests. The test request gets automatically associated with the patient and sample(s) and a test record is created as soon as the patient places the test request. Laboratory staff members only need to process the sample(s) and enter test results. As soon as the test results are validated, approved, and released by the laboratory, patients can download the test report from the patient portal.
- Filter Test Records for Approvers: The master administrator can now selectively display test types and test records to approvers. The approvers can view only the test types for which they are designated as approvers. Furthermore, the approvers can view the tests only when they receive them for review or approval. This functionality enables only the creators and approvers of a test to view it and perform actions based on their access rights. Furthermore, this functionality enables the master administrator to display only relevant test types and test records to approvers and restrict their access to authorized approvers only.
- Enhanced Storage ID Assignment: The latest version of CloudLIMS automatically assigns the same external storage ID to all wells of a least storage unit as soon as you assign an external storage ID to the storage unit. A least storage unit is a storage container, for example, a box, within which no additional containers can be stored. This functionality eliminates the need to select individual wells of a container and assign IDs to them one by one, saving time and effort.
- Notify Upon Receiving Samples: Your clients will now get notified from CloudLIMS once their samples reach your laboratory. This functionality enables you to send an acknowledgement to your clients upon receipt of their samples and they can further track the samples in the system for processing, testing or storage.
- Easily Delete All Child Containers of a Storage Unit: You can now delete a storage container and all its child containers in a click. To do so, you need to simply select the parent storage container and tick the option to delete all its sub-containers. This functionality eliminates the need to individually select each subunit of a storage unit to delete them from the storage hierarchy, making the deletion process easy and time-efficient.
- View Number of Attachments: You can now easily view the number of files or documents attached to each record in the instrument calibration and maintenance module. This functionality enables you to view the total number of attachments in each record by simply switching to the instrument calibration and maintenance module without the need to open individual records.
- Enhanced Sample Assignment to Storage Units: As an enhancement to the graphical representation of non-least storage units, you can now perform storage allocation actions in the non-least storage units. A non-least storage unit is a storage container, for example, a freezer, or a compartment within which smaller containers can be stored. You will be able to view the exact replica of the freezer in the software with its child containers. You can now add containers stacked above one another or side by side as stored in the freezer or liquid nitrogen tank. You can now select a grid of your choice in the graphical view to store samples. The functionality is available from both the storage module and the sample module. With the help of the redirection arrow provided in the grids, you can navigate to the child storage from the storage view itself. Furthermore, you can select the preferred grid of a non-least storage unit while batch editing sample storage locations. This functionality enables you to more precisely assign samples to non-least storage units, batch edit storage locations of samples in non-least storage units, and easily navigate to the child storage units from the parent unit.
Book your personalized demo to experience the latest version today.
For previous versions click here >>
Back to Top