June 21, 2022
CloudLIMS, an advanced SaaS, in the cloud Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) software with zero upfront cost, accelerates biobanking, analytical, diagnostic testing, and research laboratory operations by efficiently managing laboratory data, automating workflows, and following regulatory compliance, such as CLIA, ISO 15189:2012, CAP, ISO 20387:2018, EU GDPR, HIPAA, GLP, ISO/IEC 17025:2017, 21 CFR part 11, among others. The latest version of CloudLIMS, version 3.20, is equipped with new features and enhancements to enable biobanks, clinical research and diagnostics, COVID-19 and cannabis testing laboratories to better meet the data management, reporting, automation, and compliance requirements of the industry. The highlights of this version include the functionality to securely share test reports with third parties, notify test report release to staff, and batch reporting flexibility.
- Share Test Reports with Third Parties: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables you to automatically share test reports securely with third parties, including regulatory agencies, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). You can configure SFTP details such as hostname, destination file path, username, password, port number, and source file path. While generating a test report in CSV and XLS file formats, you can choose to share the test report with a third party using SFTP and save the settings as a template for using it over again. Furthermore, you can view the status of the report transfer and initiate necessary actions in case of failure. This functionality eliminates any chances of missed reporting or delay in result reporting to regulatory agencies, third parties, and federal and state governments.
- Notify Test Report Release to Staff: You can now email test report release notifications to your laboratory staff as soon as the test reports are released to patients, clients, or both. This functionality eliminates the need for the users to log in to CloudLIMS to check the report release status, saving time. Furthermore, this functionality helps lab managers take timely actions if they do not receive the report release notification, enabling them to meet the predetermined turnaround time.
- Batch Reporting Flexibility: While sending test reports to patients and clients in a batch, you now have the option to not attach test reports to the email notification. This functionality provides you more control and flexibility while reporting results to clients and patients. Furthermore, this functionality helps you avoid non-compliance to regulations in some regions where reporting test results through email is not recommended or prohibited due to security reasons.
- Attach an External Report to Multiple Test Records: You can now select multiple test records associated with the same client or patient and attach an external report to all selected records. This functionality is useful when you need to upload an external report to more than one test record, saving time and reducing chances of manual errors.
- Build Context Search Templates: You can now save the preferred selections for context search as a default template for using it over again. This functionality saves time and effort by eliminating the need to select attributes, Boolean operators (AND, OR) and relational operators (less than, greater than, equal to) for recurrent context searches.
- View Sample Disposal Date and Time: You can now easily view the date and time of all disposed of samples in the Sample Management module. You can choose to show or hide the sample disposal date and time from the Sample Management module. Furthermore, you can include or exclude the disposal date and time from the sample reports. This functionality enables you to view the date and time of sample entry and disposal at the same place, eliminating the need to switch to different modules to view the information.
- Check-in & Check-out Samples Seamlessly: You can now check-in and check-out one or multiple samples from the Sample Management module irrespective of their storage location. This functionality eliminates the need to navigate to the Storage Management module and trace the storage container in which the samples to be accessed are present, saving time and effort.
- Notify for Batch Sample Addition: The latest version of CloudLIMS enables you to receive a consolidated email notification for adding multiple samples in a batch or importing samples from a file. For example, if you add or import 100 samples in a batch, you will receive one email notification with the details of all 100 samples. If 50 samples are associated with one custodian and the remaining 50 are associated with a different custodian, each custodian will receive one email notification with the details of all 50 samples associated with them. This functionality enables you to receive consolidated data of all samples added at a time, saving you from a cluttered inbox.
- Enhanced REST API: The latest version of CloudLIMS’ REST Application Programming Interface (API) enables you to enter and update test results of multiple analytes of a test type. This functionality provides an alternative mechanism to users to add or update analyte test results in CloudLIMS' Test Management module.
Book your personalized demo to experience the latest version today.
For previous versions click here >>
Back to Top