Free eBook: Demystifying Informed Consent: Ethics, Regulations, and Key Elements
Clinical research bears a significant ethical responsibility to safeguard the well-being, rights, and safety of its participants. Informed consent plays a crucial role in fulfilling this responsibility. It entails providing comprehensive information to potential participants about the nature of the clinical research, including its potential risks and benefits, as well as participants’ rights and responsibilities.
This eBook explores the importance of informed consent in clinical research and its impact on patient care, ethical principles, and legal frameworks. It explores the historical development and progression of informed consent, along with its present implementation and potential future directions.
What is included in the eBook:
- History and evolution of informed consent
- What makes clinical research ethical?
- Five principles of ethics in clinical research
- Risks associated with lack of ethics in clinical research
- What is informed consent and how it came into being?
- Why is informed consent important?
- What are the basic elements of informed consent?
- Writing language for informed consent and key terms
- A cheat sheet for writing informed consent
- Important regulations for informed consent
- Protection of children’s rights and welfare in informed consent
- What are the exemptions for informed consent?
- What are the key issues and barriers to informed consent?
- How does laboratory software for clinical research support informed consent management?
- Future considerations for informed consent in clinical research